10077 Grogan's Mill Road, Suite 325
The Woodlands, Texas 77380
Areas of Practice
- Mass Torts
- 18-Wheeler Accidents
- Vehicle and Product Defects
- Breach of Contract
- Medical Products Litigation
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Shareholder/Partnership Disputes
- Wrongful Death
- Civil Appeals
- Personal Injury
- State and Federal Litigation
Rodney has thirty (30) years of experience representing plaintiffs in the areas of mass tort and serious personal injury litigation. Most of his cases involve defective products, but he also has extensive experience with motor vehicle negligence cases and complex business litigation, including partnership and shareholder disputes, breach of fiduciary duty, and business fraud. He enjoys working on cases not only in Texas, but in states across the country.
In addition to trial work, Rodney also handles appeals in both state and federal courts. He has argued appeals in the 5th Circuit, Texas Courts of Appeal, and Florida Courts of Appeal.
Rodney takes a “can do” approach to his cases and works zealously to find the winning argument for his clients. His experience includes:
- assisting in the trial of a tort case on behalf of plaintiffs that resulted in a jury verdict of $20 million;
- assisting in the trial of a fraud case on behalf of plaintiffs resulting in a jury verdict in excess of $1 million;
- assisting in a products liability case involving defective installation of cranes on an offshore drilling rig; case settled at mediation;
- assisting in the successful arbitration of a complex contract case between a chemical company and an international oil and gas company involving interpretation of an agreement allocating costs for toxic tort claims;
- obtaining a temporary restraining order on behalf of a shareholder in a shareholder dispute;
- successfully representing a talk radio host in a suit involving a non-compete agreement; non-compete covenants held unenforceable.
Rodney is married and is the father of three children. He is active in Boy Scouts where he enjoys teaching small boat sailing.
J.D. - South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
American Jurisprudence Award—Remedies
B.A. – Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas
Law Clerk for the 55th and 125th Judicial District Courts, Harris County, Texas
Publications & Presentations
CLE article on impeachment of witnesses.
Houston Bar Association
American Bar Association
Texas State Bar
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas