10077 Grogan’s Mill Road, Suite 325
The Woodlands, TX 77380
Areas of Practice
- Oil, Gas and other Minerals
- Real Estate
- Business Transactions/Due Diligence
Coleman has practiced since 2009, focusing on oil and gas ownership/agreements, real estate, and other business transactions. His multistate oil and gas practice includes extensive experience in most of the major shale plays throughout the continental United States. Coleman represents oil and gas operators, service companies, and oil and gas owners with complex determinations of ownership, leasing, and managing oil and gas assets, as well as negotiates and drafts agreements related to upstream oil and gas production.
Coleman evaluates client risks and provides the comprehensive analysis for everyone from individuals to “supermajor” oil companies; giving them the guidance they need to succeed. He routinely oversees due diligence on large-scale transactions, some valued at more than a billion US dollars. Often these deals contain thousands of complex interests that require his unique skills to adeptly evaluate, negotiate, and then document the transaction.
He also assists real estate owners, investors, and developers in buying, selling, leasing, and developing commercial property, including industrial centers, warehouse facilities, medical facilities, retail centers, and residential developments.
Working on deals large and small provides Coleman a wide range of experience that benefits his clients. Coleman’s work includes negotiating, drafting, structuring and other aspects of commercial transactions involving both goods and services.
Coleman explains complex, even sometimes arcane, legal concepts clearly and concisely; helping clients easily understand their rights, risks, and opportunities. His knack separating the important from the trivial, coupled with his practical approach to problem solving, enables Coleman to provide clients with solid actionable information and the insight to use that information for the client’s advantage.
- J.D. – Texas Wesleyan University School of Law (n/k/a Texas A&M School of Law) – 2009
- Commencement Speaker for the TWU School of Law Graduation Class of 2009
- National Order of the Barristers
- B.A. – Southern Methodist University – 2006; Philosophy Major w/Foreign Language Minor
- Honors in Liberal Arts
- Houston Association of Professional Landmen
- American Association of Professional Landmen
- State Bar of Texas: Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law; and Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Texas State Bar
- Louisiana State Bar
- Mississippi State Bar
- New Mexico State Bar
- Oklahoma State Bar
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- West Virginia State Bar
- Ohio State Bar
- Wyoming State Bar
- Colorado State Bar
- United State District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia